HOSPITAL, CHOIR GROUP
Subject: Choir Group, Royal Hospital Chelsea.
Sitter: (Front row, left to right)
(1) Major Charles Dingwall Huggins (1882-?): Entered Gordon Highlanders, 1901; Captain, 1910; Major, 1916; Staff Officer, 1915-18; Adjutant, T.A. 1920-23.
(2) Major-General Osborne Herbert Delano-Osborne (1879-1958): Colonel on the Staff in charge of Administration, Northern Command, York, 1926-27; commanded 150th Infantry Brigade T.A. 1927-29; commanded Mhow District, India, 1930-32; Lieutenant-Governor and Secretary of Royal Hospital, Chelsea, 1933-38; retired, 1938.
(3) Rev. Matthew Tobias (1880-?): Chaplain to the Forces, 4th class, 1906; 3rd class, 1918; 2nd Class, 1923.
(4) Mrs. Helen Young (-): Organist, Royal Hospital Chelsea.
(5) General Sir Walter Braithwaite (1865-1945): Colonel, 1909; Brigadier-General, 1911; Major-General, 1915; Lieutenant-General, 1919; General, 1926; Chief of General Staff, Mediterranean Expeditionary Force, 1915; commanded 62nd Division, 1915-18; senior Staff Officer, 1919-31; retired, 1931; Bath King of Arms, 1933-45; Governor of Royal Hospital, Chelsea, 1931-38.
(6) Royal Hospital Sergeant-Major A.G. Lynch (-).
Date: 31 March 1935.
Location: The Octagon, The Royal Hospital Chelsea.
Costume: (1) Full Dress uniform, Major, Gordon Highlanders; (2) Full Dress uniform, Lieutenant-Governor, Royal Hospital Chelsea: (3) Clericals, Chaplain to the Forces, 2nd Class; (5) Full Dress uniform, Governor, Royal Hospital Chelsea; (4) Uniform, Royal Hospital Sergeant-Major.
Furniture & Props: -
Photographer: Lafayette Ltd., 160 New Bond Street, London.
Evidence of photographer at work: -
No of poses: -
images on this site are copyright V&A. For further information
on using or requesting copies of any images
Biog: (1) Army Lists; (2) Who's Who; The Army List, 1935; The Times, 13 November 1958, p 16d (3) The Army List, 1935; (5) Dictionary of National Biography; Who's Who; The Army List, 1935; The Times, 10 September 1945, p 7c; (others) Major R.A.G Courage, Curator, Royal Hospital Chelsea.
Costume: (1) Dress Regulations for the Army, London, 1911.
Additional Information: -
Acknowledgements: Major R.A.G Courage, Curator, Royal Hospital Chelsea.